Position: Canine Handler & Bather, Part-Time or Full Time
BARKS is a modern, off-leash dog daycare and boarding facility. We are seeking full-time and part-time Canine Handlers and Bathers. Handlers are responsible for the supervision of play groups, the safety of dogs under our care, and the cleanliness of our facility per established company protocols.
1. Energetic dog-lover, 18 years old and older.
2. Good verbal communicator.
3. Maturity and self-motivation.
4. Comfortable in groups of dogs of all breeds and sizes
5. Capable of lifting small dogs (up to 20lbs), standing, and walking for up to five (5) hours.
6. Clearly understand and demonstrate the importance of timely cleanliness/ sanitization in
facility maintenance and safety.
7. Thrives in a small team.
8. Previous experience in canine care settings including, dog daycare, kennel tech, animal
training, shelter volunteer, and/or veterinary field, is a plus.
9. Dog bathing experience is required for consideration for Bather position.
10. Candidates must possess reliable transportation and be able to work their shifts as scheduled even when they fall on all major holidays (New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas Day).
Duties & Responsibilities:
Canine Handlers will ensure that each dog entrusted to our care receives the absolute best care as they play with other dogs or interact with personnel. Cleanliness, safety, and fun are the hallmarks of the BARKS experience and the expectation of our discerning customers. Handlers supervise playgroups of dogs of various breeds and sizes and see to the general cleanliness and upkeep of the facility. Specific cleaning requirements include timely pick-up of solid and liquid animal waste, and disinfection of floors, bowls, turf yards, and other surfaces as required. Basic pleasant communication with customers at check-in at check-out is expected.
Hours: 6 am to 1 pm OR 1 pm to 8 pm shift.
Salary: Pay is commensurate with prior job experience and starts at $10.50 per hour.
Contact: Phone: (912) 777-4061